Good Morning, everyone!
I hope your 2021 is off to a good start. 🙂
As I write this, we are coming upon the first Monday of the new year. We will be back at it, so to speak.
I have a question to start off the new year. How do you want to grow in 2021? Are you looking to grow in a specific skill? Maybe learn to paint or try learning a new language? Are you looking to further develop a personal trait like compassion? Gaining control of your health? Learn new recipes or focus on your family life?
The possibilities are endless. To live is to grow. Nothing stays the same. Therefore, if we are not growing, we are withering away. It is in our best interest to be purposeful about our growth so that we are not tossed around like the wind with every experience we encounter. When we choose to grow we are increasing our humanity. Our ability to relate to others and better understand the world around us. We are the architects of our life. Wow, now that is a cool concept to begin 2021. How fun is it to decide what you are going to learn and experience this year? Of course, we will get thrown some curves. It is a part of life. That’s why growth and goals are a process and require a certain amount of creativity, compassion for self, and determination.
So, let’s design a 2021 where we end the year stronger, healthier, wiser, and more interested in humanity than we were in 2020. In order to consciously grow we need to set some goals.
Here are some tips I find helpful in setting my goals as I work on myself. I am learning to design my life too. 🙂
- Start with the end goal in mind.
- Set concrete measurable steps.
- Review your progress daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly. Adjust your steps as needed.
- Be compassionate towards yourself when life throws you a curveball. Adjust and carry on.
- Enjoy the process. Our first attempts to paint, cook, speak French, organize a charity… are going to be awkward but fun. Keep at it.
- Celebrate your successes. Especially after achieving a milestone towards your goal such as losing 10 pounds or running your first mile without stopping.
- Don’t stop. No matter how many times you fail, face setbacks, or get distracted. Begin again. Adjust your goal if it is needed.
- Take note of subtle personal changes in looks, demeanor, and attitude. Celebrate your growth.
- Keep on envisioning a great future for yourself and the world. Keep on learning, experiencing, and creating.
As always, I would love to hear from you! In what ways do you plan to grow in 2021.
Thanks for stopping by the blog!
Until next time