It is time to spice things up a bit. A breath of fresh air, an original twist. Yep, that’s what I need. I bet there are a few others out there who are feeling the same way.
What can we do that is new and exciting during these times? Covid is on the rise where I am and I just came off of two weeks of quarantine due to exposure. Quite frankly, so many people have been struggling with natural disasters, unemployment, and illness that silliness, simple pleasures, and joy seem to be out of sync with the times. Yet it may just be what we need right now.
Here are some of my ideas to put some spice back into 2020.
- Go beyond my lists of gratitude and show gratitude in my interactions with others.
- Get out and explore my hometown and towns around me. Walking through new neighborhoods, finding new parks, visiting a new coffee shop or local business.
- Find new and relaxing ways to spend my evenings. My old routines are gone. I will still have fitness, faith, and music after work. I just need to redesign what that looks like and add things like books, puzzles, and blogging.
- Try new hobbies. Time to try some things or things I haven’t done in years. I wonder what becoming a watercolor artist or jewelry designer would be like. This might be the year to find out.
- Enjoy all the quintessential Fall stuff. In the summer we can say “ stop and smell the roses”. This fall it is more important than ever to stop and crunch some leaves, pick a pumpkin, bake some bread, drink some hot cider, read a book, cozy up with a favorite someone, and enjoy November.
Please share any ideas or inspirations you may have. I would love to hear from you!
Thanks for stopping by the blog.
Until next time,