Solstice has come and gone. For those of us in the Northern Hemisphere it is officially summer. Yay! Let the good times roll! For my friends Down Under, the days will be gradually getting longer and warmer for you. Either way, we are half way through 2018 and 2019 is inching its way towards us.
How’s your year going? Do you feel on fire? Have you experienced setbacks or heartache? Did you start 2018 off and running to find yourself heading into June walking at a leisurely pace and perhaps a bit lost and forgetting exactly where you are going? BTW it is Ok to enjoy a leisurely stroll and allow yourself to get a bit lost. For many people wandering and exploring is part of the joy of living. 🙂
I love the cycle of the seasons, the ebb and flow of time. I look forward to seeing the changes in nature and in my life. With every change of season or beginning of a new cycle ( including my birthday and each new school year) I like to take some time to reflect on how things are going. There is a balance to planning a well lived life while knowing life is complex and we can’t plan for everything. We will get thrown curve balls and get hit with unexpected circumstances. Sometimes even tragic circumstances. These unseen events can make us ask ourselves why we even bother to make plans and set goals. Giving up is different than reassessing and adapting. Giving up leads to all kinds of social distress and dysfunction. Perhaps at some point you have been there. I know I have. Reassessing and adapting on the other hand, can be painful, but it leads to a life of fulfillment and helps us find what gives our life purpose and meaning.
I was not back on my blog when we all rang in 2018. It was not even a consideration at the end of December. However, I did have a motto: Creative Inspiration. I chose this motto because I knew I desired to create and design my life in such a way I would be proud of my time here on Earth. I also knew that I want to encourage and inspire others to create their life on their own terms. Neither one of these things comes naturally to me and yet I feel that developing these traits within myself is part of my life purpose. I also had a new resolution: journal every morning and list the things that I am most grateful for as well as things that are going well in my life. My motto combined with my resolution has been very transformative for me. There has been a subtle shift in how I approach my self and the world around me. I can feel many hard edges in my psyche beginning to soften. I am back to blogging and it feels good to say “This blog is my creation.” Hopefully, the blog is inspiring as well.
If you are looking to review some of your life goals or New Year’s Resolutions, here are some questions to ask yourself:
- What is working well in my life?
- Things you are proud of, success at work or interests, relationships, are all things to consider.
- What have I learned this year?
- This can be things you have learned about yourself, others, or the world.
- What would I like to change?
- Career, outlook on life, habits, are just a few things that may be ready to evolve.
- What do I need to let go of?
- Emotions, clutter, or toxic relationships. Anything that is keeping you from reaching your fullest potential.
- What areas of my life could be improved?
- Things may be good but is there an area that is begging to be made great?
- Do I need to set new goals or adjust existing ones?
- Life changes. How are you adapting to the change?
- Am I being true to myself.?
- Are you living a life based on your values and your dreams or are the opinions of others weighing you down.
Enjoy the new season with all of its promises, everyone! I hope these tips are helpful.
Thanks for stopping by the blog. As always, I would love to hear from you. Do you have any tips to add?
Until next time,