Happy Monday, everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful and relaxing weekend.
Here in northern Colorado it was truly a picture of fall. Saturday was gorgeous with the changing leaves and warm sunshine. I was amazed at the number of people I came into contact with up in the mountains during my weekend hiking. More people were on my favorite trail Saturday than I had seen all summer. It was if everyone was sensing that it would be a long time before they would enjoy such mild weather and sunshine again. Sunday was chilly and blustery. Leaves falling and blowing everywhere. A perfect football weather and pumpkin patch kind of day. Which is exactly how I spent my Sunday. Celebrating my sister’s birthday with a Denver Broncos win and a family trip to our favorite farm to pick pumpkins for fall decorations.
I love fall. The colors, the sights, and the smells begin to bring our minds back to hearth and home after the activities of summer. As the leaves change colors, fall to the ground, and crumble into dust with the approach of winter; we are reminded that everything in this world is transient and constantly changing. Similarly, I love that while those of us in the Northern Hemisphere are winding down and letting summer slip away, my readers down below the equator are ready for spring with its promise of new life and new beginnings. It is a beautiful balance.
This a good time of the year to take some cues from the seasons and nature. Let go of things that are no longer adding value to your life and plant the seeds for growth and change.
Things to let go:
- Any objects around the house which are not being used or taking up space.
- Toxic relationships.
- Careers that are no longer fulfilling.
- Negative beliefs about yourself.
- Unhealthy habits.
- Any activity or commitment that has become a burden and keeps you from enjoying your life.
Seeds to plant:
- Discernment to know what to bring into your home for a quality life and what to leave in the store.
- Love and friendship wherever you may find it.
- Passion for a career or a cause that leaves the world a better place for pursuing it to the best of your ability.
- The ability to see the beauty and talents you possess.
- Healthy eating habits and exercise routines for a strong body and mind.
- Any physical, artistic, or intellectual pursuit that adds value to your life and helps you grow as an individual.
Enjoy this special time of the year whether it be fall or spring in your neck of the woods. Embrace the changing of the seasons in your life as well.
As always, I would love to hear from you!
Thanks for stopping by the blog 🙂
Until next time,