Good morning, everyone! Happy Monday 🙂
I hope you all had a good weekend. Mine was full of activities for the chivalric group to which I belong. Those of you who read my Friday post know that it was our annual general assembly. It was a good time and now I am ready to sit back and catch my breath.
Creating a simple and meaningful life is a goal on Minimalist Mondays and for the past several weeks I have been deriving my inspiration from Everything I Need To Know I Learned From a Little Golden Book.. Today’s pearl of wisdom from the book: Frolic. Sometimes as adults it is hard to remember how to be playful. We get so caught up in our responsibilities that we forget to play or be a little bit silly. Three or four years ago I had an awakening about frolicking and being playful throughout the day. Several teachers and I decided it would be a good idea to skip down the hallways at school on a regular basis. It was great fun and a huge stress reliever. You can get away with things like that when you work with Children eleven years old and younger. Somehow we stopped skipping. I need to bring skipping back next year along with random dancing and singing in the halls.
Ideas for frolicking and being playful:
- Get a group of friends to play Frisbee, hacky sack, or toss a football. Keep it spontaneous and don’t keep score.
- Turn up the music and sing and/or dance. Be sure to cut loose and have fun at it.
- Blow some Bubbles.
- Try some chalk art. This can be very beautiful and creative.
- Find a place where you can skip, hop, jump, and gallop.
- Sing some songs from childhood. This is even more fun if you do it with others.
- Draw with a stick in the dirt.
- Toss some stones but be safe.
- Have a race with a friend.
- Spin in circles. Yes, you will get dizzy. It is great for your brain.
- If you are physically able, try doing a cartwheel, handstand, or other trick from childhood. Who cares if your legs aren’t straight or you need a wall?
- Whistle or try playing a kazoo.
- Water fights: hose, water guns, water balloons…
- Build a snow man or have a snowball fight
- Hula hoop
As always, I would love to hear from you! How do you add playfulness into your life? Do your kids keep you young at heart? Have you found that you need to frolic a little bit more in your daily life?
Thanks for stopping by the blog!
Until next time,