It has been party time here at the next 50 years. I am now officially 51! Being reflective in nature that means I spent a good portion of the past few days thinking about what I want my 51st year of life to look like. I came up with only one word, fabulous. One word is broad enough to cover a multitude of areas of my life. Over the next couple of weeks I will have to continue to fine tune how I hope to grow in each area of my life but no matter what happens over the next 365 days I know leading a fabulous life is a state of mind. It will require me to find love in everyday circumstances, practice charity and serve others, choose ways to find inner joy despite what life may throw at me, laugh a lot, and enjoy each day a am granted in this life. It will also mean setting definite goals to continue to grow into the person I want to create a life of meaning and purpose.
Being single gives me lots of freedom to try new things. While I am still fine tuning my plans I did come up with a list of things I would like to try to accomplish and experience in my 51st year.
Laura’s list for a fabulous 51st Year in no particular order:
- Sign up for one class at the Greeley Clay Center this summer to expand my creative horizons.
- Buy the book Weird Colorado,pick three weird destinations for summer adventures and blog about them.
- Work on my Facebook page for my church and start and find ways to expand my work for the church through social media.
- Try canoeing or boating.
- Find three new trails to hike.
- Visit at least one of Colorado’s hot springs this summer.
- Give more faithfully to my favorite charity.
- Re-read A Tale of Two Cities now that I am mature enough to appreciate it. Pick one new Dickens novel to read.
- Continue to learn and grow in the blogging community.
- Have some friends over at least once before the end of the year. ( I get nervous about entertaining.)
- Find little ways to be of service, inspiration, or comfort every day.
So there is my list of things to experience for the next 365 days. I am looking forward to many new experiences and adventures.
Until next time,