Happy Monday Everyone!
I hope you all had a fun and relaxing weekend. I am taking a short break from my usual Minimalism posts to share some good news. I am very excited to report that Anne Lene at http://minimalistsometimes.com has nominated me for a Liebster Award. According to Anne Lene’s research it is a virtual reward given from blogger to blogger to recognize new bloggers, welcome them into the blogging community, help make new connections, and bring attention to their blogs. Even though I have only been blogging for just under six months I have enjoyed the connections I have made though my blogs and discovering so many wonderful blogs to get life inspirations from. This has been a great and meaningful journey so far and I this nomination makes it even better! Thank you so much Anne Lene for nominating me from the bottom of my heart! 🙂
Here are the procedures I need to follow to accept the nomination as given to me by Anne Lene:
1. Thank the blogger that nominated you 🙂
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you by your nominator.
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 500 followers.
4. Tag other nominees in a comment to their blog so that they know they have been nominated. In addition, I read somewhere else that you should copy the award and post it to your page as well.
Here are the answers to the questions I was given by Anne Lene:
- 1.What is the one thing you are proud of? I am proud of going back to school in my 40’s and earning my master’s degree in education before my 50th birthday.
- If you won the lottery, by a substantial amount (so money was no longer a factor), what would you do? I would travel a lot; both in the US and abroad. I would purchase an RV for travel in the US and Canada and spend my summers exploring North America in detail. Europe would be on the top of my list of foreign travels.
- Your absolute favourite dessert? Cheese cake!
- What three words do you think your closest friends would use to describe you and what three words would you use to describe yourself? My friends would probably describe me a loyal, independent,and caring. I describe myself as passionate, loving, and adventurous.
- Your favourite quote? Do something that the world would care about for years after you have passed on. Lorrin L. Lee
- Mountains or beach? Ideally, I would live in California in a city like Santa Cruz where both the beach and mountains are minutes away. If I had to choose just one, it would be mountains. I am a Colorado girl by birth and choice.
- Can you sing? I Can sing well enough to be in a church choir and teach children music. I am not a vocal soloist by any means. I have to work to learn harmony parts. It doesn’t come naturally. I do like to sing, however. It is good for the soul.
- What is number one on your bucket list? To see Europe.
- Holy smokes! The apocalypse is here! Your family and pets are safe. You’re at home and can only take what you can carry. What do you save?The afghan my mom made for me shortly before she passed away. If I had time to grab a photo of my mom or any letters or cards she gave me, I would grab those as well.
- If you could have a teleportation device that connects your current location to one specific location, what would that location be and why? I would connect to my Uncle’s house in California so that I could visit him and my aunt on a regular basis and help them out whenever they needed it.
- You get a letter in the mail from 90-year-old you. She/He tells you 3 amazing things you’ve accomplished. What are those 3 things? 1) I became a successful writer 2) My teaching helped influence many students to become amazing people who make a positive difference in the world. 3) I inspired my friends, family, and all those I came into contact with how to grow each and every day towards the people they are meant to be and how to never stop learning, growing, and loving.
As I stated earlier I have enjoyed discovering so many wonderful blogs the past several months. Here are ny nominees for the Liebster Award: http://outstandingbachelor.com/
Now for my questions to my nominees:
- What motivated you to start blogging?
- What or who inspires you in life?
- What would your perfect day look like?
- What is your favorite way to relax?
- Cats, dogs, or both?
- How do you get your exercise?
- Favorite Ice cream?
- The one book everyone should own?
- If you were granted the power to change one thing in the world what would it be and why?
- What super power would you like to possess and why?
- What is one thing you would like everyone who visits your blog to know about you?
I think that about wraps it up. I will be getting in contact with my nominees over the next couple of days to let them know about their Liebster nomination. Thank’s again Anne Lene! I hope you all have a great Monday and I will be back to my regular posts soon. Until Next time, Laura