In order to live out my out my motto of finding love, joy, and adventure in everyday living, I am happy to address my life as a single woman with both its blessings and struggles.Whether you are currently single or happily in a relationship, I hope you find my experiences, thoughts, and adventures as a happily single woman interesting and informative.
No Match.com for me!
I would not be honest to myself or to others if I did not admit that I have fallen times into the trap of thinking that I should be trying to date somebody.
Last year after watching a few too many Hallmark movies, I decided that I needed to put some effort into finding romance. Feeling adventurous, I signed up for a brief period on Match.com. For three months I sifted through photos, read profiles, and fretted over how I was presenting myself to the public. I have to admit there were some fascinating people out there with fun hobbies and interests, some handsome men, and yes, some questionable creepy people. As much as I enjoyed looking at all of the profiles and receiving a few emails, I just wasn’t that into the experience. On-line dating is not what I am looking for at this point in my life. Despite my lack of enthusiasm for the on-line dating process, I was glad I did it because the experience taught me a lot about myself.
Here are some things I learned:
- Meeting people on-line can be both fun and scary.
- Creating on line profiles for dating make me feel vulnerable.
- It is very difficult to figure out a person’s true personality though email.
- Meeting new people takes time. Serious dating takes serious time commitment. I am not in that state of mind right now.
- I am surrounded by love every day. I can share love at any time, romantic or not.
- Romance is an attitude. Whether we are single or part of a couple, we can all make our lives more romantic.
- I have created the life I am living and it is pretty darn good. I am going to be particular about who I share my this life with.
- I like meeting people the old-fashioned way. I like chance encounters.
- I enjoy being single.
- I believe in love
How about you? Whether you are married or single, have you ever tried on-line dating? Did you enjoy it? I would love to hear your thoughts and experiences on 21st century romance!
Until next time,